The holiday season is the festive time of year when decorative lights brighten our homes and families get together to enjoy the holiday spirit. It is also the time when the risk of fire increases. We offer these helpful hints that everyone can use to keep the season fire-free. We urge you to take a moment to read the following tips.
• ALWAYS turn off tree lights before going out or to bed.
• ALWAYS erect your Christmas tree away from heat sources.
• NEVER use combustible decorations on your tree.
• NEVER place lights with damaged electrical cords on your tree.
• NEVER use staples or nails to hang up light sets, this can damage cords (shock hazard).
• NEVER overload electrical circuits by hanging too many lights.
• NEVER hang lights outdoors that are not specified for external use.
• ALWAYS inspect your decorative lights for defects before hanging them up.
• ALWAYS unplug decorative lights when leaving home.
• ALWAYS secure plugs from water when using outdoors.
• ALWAYS test your smoke alarms, keep them in good working order.
• DO NOT leave stoves unattended when cooking for any reason.
Never leave infants at home unattended. Ensure that elderly relatives are looked after and not exposed to fire risk during the holidays. We want you to have a safe and fire-free holiday season. Do not invite disaster to your celebrations. We wish you the warmest of holiday greetings and good health... HAPPY HOLIDAYS!. #christmas #holiday #safety